- As of January 24th, the City Council adopted a resolution indexing the minimum living wage upwards to 3.1%, on par with Santa Francisco’s, Oakland’s, and San Jose’s Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Workers and Clerical Workers
- This resolution will become effective on July 1st, 2017 and is based in a 2000 City Council Ordinance, No. 2000-25 which required that the City Council upward index the Consumer Price Index to levels of San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose areas.
- According to the City Council
- “The minimum living wage to be paid to employees when they receive minimum leave and health insurance will be increased by $0.48 to $16.21 per hour.”
- “The minimum living wage to be provided to employees where the employees do not receive the minimum leave and health insurance benefits shall be increased by $0.53 to $17.68 per hour.”
Leave a Reply.