At the Chamber, college students can obtain hands-on experience in a variety of departments. Internships offer responsibilities such as research, writing, database management, web page maintenance, communications, and event preparation. During the internship, interns will be able to network with colleagues and demonstrate their skills and abilities.
The Santa Cruz Area Chamber of Commerce is a complete business resource that takes a progressive approach to economic vitality of businesses and the economic community. We are a non-profit which provides an array of education and networking opportunities to the community. We operate with a professional staff of four and under the guidance of a volunteer Board of Directors. The Chamber Internship puts you in a professional environment, working with professional business owners on real-life issues.
Internship Position: Administrative Assistant
1. Interns will be given at least one research project related to the business community.
2. Data entry.
3. Answer Chamber phone and direct walk-ins.
4. Produce membership marketing materials.
5. Attend Chamber functions and provide assistance with check-in and sales.
6. Manage office in absence of Director.
7. Prepare reports for staff and Board as necessary.
8. Work directly with Membership Relations Directorin membership retention.
9. Other duties as assigned under direction of the Project Director.
Communication and Networking skills.
Business environment and professional interaction.
1. Ability to work either 6 hours two days a week or 4 hours three days a week between 9 am and 5 pm Monday - Friday.
2. Basic computers skills using a PC including business software MS Office.
3. Good verbal communication skills.
4. Able to work independently.
5. Interest in Community and/or Business Administration.
6. Knowledge of Santa Cruz County helpful.
This is a non-compensated program. Interns may receive course credit from an accredited institution if pre-approved by said organization. We have programs in place with UCSC, Cabrillo College and Pacific Coast College.
Contact: Annette McGarity, Project Director Phone: 831-457-3713