Moving to Santa Cruz
Life in Santa Cruz is unique and exciting. We look forward to you joining our welcoming community.
Here are a few things about living in Santa Cruz:
1. People are friendly in Santa Cruz. It's no surprise to see people you don't even know smile and say "hi" as you walk down the street, on the trail, or on the beach.
2. There's more to do here than you can possibly ever do, even if you live here your whole life. On any given day, there are sporting events, performances, art shows, community events, wine tastings, and more. And, don't forget to catch a relaxing sunset over the water—we have one every day!
3. Santa Cruzans love the outdoors. Santa Cruz county has magnificent scenic areas that can be experienced first hand by walking, hiking, driving, or biking. The area has breathtaking ocean views, majestic redwood groves, world-class golf courses, miles of bike and hiking trails, fishing, sports, and more—most of which can be enjoyed year-round.
4. Shopping locally in Santa Cruz is unlike anywhere else. From world-class wines to surfboards and skateboards to handmade glass to organic foods to high-tech products, local Santa Cruz businesses produce a range best-class products known worldwide.
5. Santa Cruz is an active community with a tradition of open discussion. In Santa Cruz, individuals can really make a difference, and community leaders are very accessible.
6. There's no one kind of person who lives here. In fact Santa Cruzans pride themselves on welcoming all kinds of people to our beautiful corner of California. Santa Cruz is home to retirees, young families, singles, and a large student population. You’ll find that there is a unique balance between the community members here, making it a dynamic and exciting place to live.
7. It's easy to get involved in the Santa Cruz county community. Santa Cruz County has thousands of active non-profit organizations. You're sure to find others in Santa Cruz just as passionate about the issues that touch your heart.
8. We love the arts! Local artists flock to the natural beauty and open community here in Santa Cruz, and the community all benefits. Artists open their studios to visitors, performers share their talents on the stage or on street corners, and many go on to make a splash on the national and international stage. James Durbin is the latest local to make a name for himself in Hollywood.
9. Santa Cruz is full of culinary delights. Home to countless organic farmers, top-notch wineries, and world-renowned chefs, there's never a shortage of great places to catch a quick snack or settle in for a gourmet feast.
10. Santa Cruz welcomes businesses. Our highly skilled workforce, universities and colleges, proximity to Silicon Valley, and location in the heart of rich, productive agricultural land make Santa Cruz a great place to start or relocate your business. Ask the Chamber to help you connect with the resources you need to start or grow your business here in Santa Cruz county.
We'd like to help your move to Santa Cruz County go as smoothly as possible, so we've assembled a list of resources to help you with everything from finding the perfect home to finding a job or school to turning on the electricity.
Get all the facts about Santa Cruz
For more information on Santa Cruz, check out the Fast Facts section of our website. You can find detailed information about schools and universities, demographics, the economy, employment, utilities, useful
phone numbers, and more.
Following are some local resources to help with your move to Santa Cruz:
Santa Cruz County appears on lists of best places to live almost every year. Our climate, engaged community, and proximity to the Monterey and San Francisco Bay Areas make the Santa Cruz area a very desirable place to live. Due to this high demand for homes in our area, the prices of housing is relatively high in Santa Cruz County. The Board of Directors of the Santa Cruz Area Chamber of Commerce supports increasing the number of housing units in Santa Cruz County to promote affordability. For more information
on the Chamber's commitment to helping to provide affordable housing for everyone, please visit the Community Affairs Committee page.
Welcome to Santa Cruz
Please contact us at the Chamber if we can help make your move or your business relocation easier in any way.